The Lawrence Loop is a project that, when completed, will provide a 22-mile continuous paved trail around the city limits, joining neighborhoods, parks and natural spaces that serves walkers, runners and bicyclists.
"Walk the Loop" walks are scheduled during Tuesday and Thursday evenings in October, which is National Walking Month. Residents can participate in any or all of the walks. They begin between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Bus transportation from the end point of each walk back to parking will be provided by Rockland Apartments.
Dates and starting locations for the walks:
- Tuesday, Oct. 2 — Hobbs Park, 11th and Delaware streets
- Thursday, Oct. 4 — 910 E. 29th St.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 — Southwind Movie Theatre, 3433 Iowa St.
- Thursday, Oct. 11 — Sunflower School, 2521 Inverness Drive
- Tuesday, Oct. 16 — Family Church of Lawrence, 906 N. 1464 Road
- Thursday, Oct. 18 — Sports Pavilion Lawrence, 100 Rock Chalk Lane
This program is sponsored by LMH Health, Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department, Douglas County Emergency Management/CERT, Friends of Lawrence Area Trails (FLAT), and Rockland Apartments. "Walk the Loop" is part of LMH Health's free WALK-tober program.
More info: Visit LMH Health's website.